Services & Programs
Families In Transition works closely with families with children throughout Santa Cruz County who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. A variety of housing strategies are provided to support families in securing safe and stable homes for their families. A range of opportunities are available depending upon family situation.
Options include: One time rental assistance payments to prevent eviction or obtain housing, time limited phased rental assistance, housing scholarships while a parent is completing a job training program, transitional housing for up to 18 months, and shared supportive housing for parents in recovery.
All programs and services focus on the development of an individual plan of action to promote financial independence, healthy child development, and increased family well-being.
How You Can Help
Help of any kind is greatly appreciated. We at Families In Transition can use your help in several areas:
- Financial help for rental assistance and case management services.
- Gift certificates for clothes, furnishings, food and diapers are greatly appreciated by families.
- Property managers can help by working with Families In Transition to rent housing to families.
- Support FIT through your regular purchases! Go to OneCause and register with Families In Transition. Shop online at hundreds of participating merchants and a rebate will be given to FIT at no cost to you! Merchants include clothing outlets, office supply stores, bookshops, department stores, pet supplies and more! Use OneCause for a quick, easy and FREE way to help!
- Volunteer your time. Families In Transition can use your help with general office work, reception, information and referral and coordination of holiday projects. You could spend a little time, or a lot, let us know how you would like to help vulnerable parents and children in our community.
- All donations are tax deductible and can be mailed to us at the address on our contact page, or you can make a secure online donation via PayPal.
Thank you, we appreciate any and all support you give!
- Low Income & Affordable Housing List for Santa Cruz County Under revision, please check back soon.
- FIT Program Update, Oct. '09 [doc - 26kb]
- Evaluation of FIT by Berkeley Policy Associates [pdf - 569kb]
- Repeat Eligibility Policy for Returning Clients [doc - 22kb]